10939 Harrison Street
La Vista, NE 68128
Auto Body Estimator - Repair Planning
Join one of the top comprehensive automotive car care shops in the Omaha metro area and use your skills to help grow our team.
Full-time, pay based upon experience
30-40 hours/week, on-site
About Gateway Auto
Founded in 2002, Gateway Auto is a family-owned business that is defined by its relationships to its loyal employees, customers, and suppliers. These relationships make up our Gateway Auto family and are the reason we say we’re “Driven by people.” There's nothing more validating of this than the fact that our business has grown, and still exists, based on word of mouth and word of mouth alone!
How do we maintain this business model in such a hyper-connected world? We do things technology can’t by extending ourselves empathetically towards everyone involved. We help people make the decision that’s right for them instead of telling them what’s best for their life. While others sell service, we view our work as an opportunity to protect and enhance the individual freedom of mobility through honest, value-based automotive care.
We’re looking for people who are interested in participating in a system that believes that taking care of others helps you take care of yourself, and that taking care of yourself helps you take care of others. If that’s not you, don’t apply.
- Examine vehicle damages and see vehicles throughout the entire repair process, including disassembly and reassembly of the vehicle.
- Proficient in writing estimates in CCC
- Precise estimate building for insurance and DRP relationships
- Must be able to properly communicate with insurance partners and vendors, positively grow relationships
- Clearly explain repair process and estimates to the customer, develop and build a positive relationship on behalf of the business
- Earn the customer’s business of our repair shop through strong customer service skills, care, and detail orientated processes
- Participate in continuing educational opportunities for advancement in the auto body repair industry
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time
- Healthy vision required for close, distance and depth perception, use of computer screen and mobile phone apps
- Capable of properly estimating a vehicle that may require bending, lifting, moving parts, etc.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3 years body shop experience
- Ability to adapt to and work effectively within a constantly changing environment
- Familiar with Digital Estimating software, CCC, etc.
- Must know core body and collision repair procedures
- I-Car/ASE Certifications are preferred
- Further training will be offered for areas of needed education
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Insurance
- Paid vacations
Our ideal candidate is detail oriented, understands the importance of keeping a shop running smooth, loves learning about new advancements in the automotive collision repair industry, and improving processes.
If this sounds like you and you’re interested in applying, please reach out to our leadership team with a resume explaining to us why you believe you are the right person for this job.
For any additional questions, comments or relevant information reach out