Join one of the top comprehensive automotive car care shops in the Omaha metro area and use your skills to help grow our team.
Full-time, pay based upon experience
30-40 hours/week, on-site
About Gateway Auto
Founded in 2002, Gateway Auto is a family-owned business that is defined by its relationships to its loyal employees, customers, and suppliers. These relationships make up our Gateway Auto family and are the reason we say we’re “Driven by people.” There's nothing more validating of this than the fact that our business has grown, and still exists, based on word of mouth and word of mouth alone!
How do we maintain this business model in such a hyper-connected world? We do things technology can’t by extending ourselves empathetically towards everyone involved. We help people make the decision that’s right for them instead of telling them what’s best for their life. While others sell service, we view our work as an opportunity to protect and enhance the individual freedom of mobility through honest, value-based automotive care.
We’re looking for people who are interested in participating in a system that believes that taking care of others helps you take care of yourself, and that taking care of yourself helps you take care of others. If that’s not you, don’t apply.
- Examine vehicle damages and see vehicles throughout the entire repair process, including disassembly and reassembly of the vehicle.
- Operate special equipment to restore damaged metal frames and body sections back to original specifications
- Fill depressions with body filler and ensure a quality repair.
- File, grind and sand repaired surfaces, using power tools and hand tools
- Return the vehicle back to factory specifications
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time
- Healthy vision required for close, distance and depth perception
- Capable of lifting and moving 25+ lbs regularly
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2-4 years body shop experience
- Ability to adapt to and work effectively within a constantly changing environment.
- Must own standard body repair tools (other necessary tools, including heavy machinery, will be provided.)
- Must know core body and collision repair procedures
- Must know how to MIG weld
- I-Car/ASE Certifications are preferred
- Further training will be offered for areas of needed education, Ex. frame repair
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Insurance
- Paid vacations
Our ideal candidate is detail oriented, understands the importance of keeping a shop running smooth, loves learning about new advancements in the automotive collision repair industry, and improving processes.
If this sounds like you and you’re interested in applying, please reach out to our leadership team with a resume explaining to us why you believe you are the right person for this job.
For any additional questions, comments or relevant information reach out to our team at 402.932.0500.
10939 Harrison Street
La Vista, NE 68128