Gateway Auto is taking its core business and transitioning into the digital age. Help an already-established organization transition its financial practices into the digital world.
About Gateway Auto
Founded in 2002, Gateway Auto is a family-owned business that is defined by its relationships to its loyal employees, customers, and suppliers. These relationships make up our Gateway Auto family and are the reason we say we’re “Driven by people.” There's nothing more validating of this than the fact that our business has grown, and still exists, based on word of mouth and word of mouth alone!
How do we maintain this business model in such a hyper-connected world? We do things technology can’t by extending ourselves empathetically towards everyone involved. We help people make the decision that’s right for them instead of telling them what’s best for their life. While others sell service, we view our work as an opportunity to protect and enhance the individual freedom of mobility through honest, value-based automotive care.
We’re looking for people who are interested in participating in a system that believes that taking care of others helps you take care of yourself, and that taking care of yourself helps you take care of others. If that’s not you, don’t apply.
We are in the process of transitioning our business in preparation for rapid growth and want to make sure that we have our books in order before we get too far. We already have a bookkeeper and independent, remote accountant, but a’re now looking for a senior-level, independent Tax Accountant to work with our team as an embedded consultant for our team.
You will be working on a small team and your role will be mission-critical to the overall success of our transition, meaning there is a lot of room for impact. We’re less worried about your knowledge of the auto industry and more concerned about your ability to make sure our books and business, as a whole, are structured to ensure we obtain the most benefit from Nebraska’s state tax code.
- Spend time discovering our business and the emerging technologies we’re developing to help us understand how we can strategically develop the most beneficial tax structure for our long-term goals.
- Work with a small financial team, as well as department leaders, to obtain an interdisciplinary understanding of our business operations.
- Make sure we’re on top of any updates and cutting edge tax strategies
- Proficient with technology, computer operations and cloud-based software
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Critical thinking, problem solving, research skills and determination
- Must possess active unrestricted credential: EA (Enrolled Agent), CPA (Certified Public Accountant), or Practicing Attorney with strong tax preparation experience and extensive knowledge of Nebraska tax laws
- Must possess or be able to obtain any related State licenses, certificates, permits or bonds
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess active PTIN (Preparer Tax Identification Number)
- Minimum of 4 or more years experience preparing federal and state tax returns for commercial organizations.
Preferred Qualifications (Not required, but advantageous)
- Additional years of experience preparing federal and state tax returns for commercial organizations, beyond minimum required
- Audit experience a plus (IRS and state tax authorities)
- Experience in the automotive industry is a bonus
If this sounds like you and you’re interested in applying, please reach out to our technology team with a resume and cover letter explaining to us why you believe you are the right person for this job.
email@example.com Joe Toscano
Director of Business Intelligence
For any additional questions, comments or relevant information reach out to our team at 402.932.0500.
10939 Harrison Street
La Vista, NE 68128